Monday 4 February 2013

Bill's


Yesterday I travelled to Cambridge to visit my sister for the day, & we had the pleasure of stumbling upon this little gem for lunch. Bill's.


Judging by the queue we found as we arrived, this place was clearly worth listening to our grumbling tummies for that little bit longer.

And oh my it was.






I ordered the home-made cod fish finger sandwich, whereas my sister ventured into the unknown, choosing moules frites for the first time in her life.

We were not disappointed.

The portions were perfectly sized & each dish had a cleverly chosen mix of flavours to keep your taste buds tip top.


The place had a glorious mish mash of details & had shelves filled to the ceiling with foodsy items you could buy. 

Not to mention the impressive decoration, I had a bunch of chillies suspended above my head!





It was a lovely lunch, with a good atmosphere, the place was busy, but calm enough to have a good conversation.

Inspired by the culinary success, we trekked down to Heffers, the book store, & I nosed around the cookery books.

I also had to get several bits and pieces so we went shopping for a while, before going on a walk around the (admittedly freezing) parks.




If you want to find out more about Bill's, go to the website here. It's a great place to meet with friends I definitely recommend checking it out.

14 comments:

  1. That bookshop is amazing, just saying :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very interesting blogpost- i will definitely be checking out Bills next time i'm in cambridge! fantastic post joanna :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the deco of this place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet it was such a wonderful time :)
    Don't you love discovering new places? Especially new places to eat! I think they are always worth being hungry a little bit longer and waiting for your meal to come, it just taste so much better. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm always on the lookout for somewhere newxx

      Delete
  5. I love the way you write! Keep up with your blogging hehe :D! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard a few people talk about this place, so it must be good! If I'm ever in this neck of the woods I shall keep my eyes peeled :)

    Your blog is lovely btw!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bill's - my one in Exeter is one of my favourite places in the world! Burger looks fab, I will definitely be trying that out next time I go (I can also recommend the peri peri chicken!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sounds brilliant, I will spread the wordxx

      Delete
  8. I love how they do serve fries!!! Must have beed delicious as well!
    Lovely post! x
    etiene-et-eugene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place was so good! Your sister took me when I went to visit her, it was so lovely! I requested it because I saw it on here ;) I had a Haloumi and Hummus burger with fries... man those fries are good! Also, your blog is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome thank you so much! Haha I'm glad you liked it, the food is so tasty!xx

      Delete
  10. They've recently opened a Bills where I live and I'm addicted!
    Love your blog, would you mind checking mine out?
    http://splashofsilk.blogspot.com/
    xo.

    ReplyDelete