Sunday 30 June 2013

Covent Garden By The Sea (Brighton)

Yesterday I went to Brighton for the first time in ageeeees with my boyfriend, Paul.

We got off the train & crept into a side passage to get away from the crowds. It turned out this passage was the beginning of North Laine - an area famous for its unique & vibrant boutiques. We looked into a few shops but quickly headed towards the food shops, for a beach picnic.



(p.s. how awesome are those balloons?)

The beach was packed but perfect, it was cool but sunny & as it was a pebble beach, our food remained intact, bliss.

There were even a few brave people out swimming despite the water being freeeezing.


After lunch we made our way to the famous pier...



It was so lively & so much was going on. The rides looked good although we didn't go on any (this time...).

There were also hundreds of 2p, 10p & various other machines inside the arcades.


Our next destination was a very pretty park Paul had heard of, so we set out searching...

On our way we found this fountain which had apparently been adopted as a bird bath:


The park was gorgeous! Filled with flowers & trees and there was a beautiful building in the centre (The Pavillion).



After a fair bit of roaming around & taking photos of all the pretty flowers, we found a lovely spot in the shade close to a man playing music in the park.



It was loooovely! I would describe Brighton as Covent Garden by the Sea (hence the title) It has all the lively street artists & independant shops London has on a slightly smaller scale, and with a sea next door - hooray!

I have a few more photos of the day ready for my next post too! Dun dun dunnn...


Listening tooo: 'Let's go' by Matt & Kim and 'New Slang' by The Shins

(I'm off to Paris now woohoooooooo!!)


23 comments:

  1. Nice! I have yet to visit Brighton, your post has put in on the top of my to see list! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, I sooooo recommend it, especially on a sunny day as we spent most of the day outsidexx

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about Brighton being like Coventry Garden! Also, I'm going to Paris tomorrow too, such a coincidence! Have a great time :)

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so lovely, especially with the sunxx

      Delete
  4. I've never been to Brighton but always wanted to go, it looks so fun! I love the stripy deckchairs haha Bxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I could remember, it is a really pretty placexx

      Delete
  5. love these photos- one day i'll visit brighton! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, oooh you should go!xx

      Delete
  6. Brighton sounds lovely, I really want to visit! That is a definite plus of a pebble peach, haha. Looks like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to go this summer it is loooovely! Candy floss is a mustxx

      Delete
  7. I looks to lovely and sunny! Hope you're now enjoying Paris and that the weather has held out! x

    www.carefulfeet.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was really good, it only rained a little on one day & the rest were sun sun sun!xx

      Delete
  8. I am dying to visit Brighton, or just the UK overall. Lovely photos, makes me wanna go even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, London & Cambridge are pretty cool places to visit too if you comexx

      Delete
  9. Oh this brings back memories of last summer :') Can't wait until school's over! Love your style btw especially the jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Me neither, no more exams will be lush!xx

      Delete
  10. I love Brighton, and the North Laines! What lovely photos, really makes me want to head down again soon =)

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Teffy, I'd love to go back too, hopefully when its just as sunny tooxx

      Delete
  11. Ahh I wanted to Brighton for the first time today and LOVED it. I'll be doing a post on it soon as well!
    splashofsilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete