Friday 21 June 2013

My School's Pop-up Exhibition

After what seems like centuries, my exams are over, I've ventured out of my crazy revision phase & am experiencing things I had forgotten existed... free time, sun, socializing - hooray!! 

Last night, my family, best friend & I went to my school's exhibition of all the Art, Textiles & Technology work to wrap up our year of art (and to show our work to the moderators - how scary!). 

As an art student, I was in my element, flicking through nearly all sketchbooks, I just couldn't can't stay away. Here is a snippet of my evening.


In the main hall, there was a collection of AS & A2 coursework & exam work which was amazing! I love this little painting from a Paris trip.

For me, the A2 sketchbooks and final pieces were most interesting as they got me thinking about my project for next year (we get to choose!).



This sketchbook belongs to my incredibly talented friends, Cherelle. Some definite sketchbook envy aha!


And below are my sketchbook & display board - just at the entrance ready to be trodden on, great aha!

The photos at the top are of my sculpture, the abstract pieces are inspired by the shapes in my sculpture & the tiny piece of a painting at the bottom of my board is the result of a 5 hour exam... (Don't worry the aim of the exam is the quality, not a finished product haha)



After having seen each sketchbook and art piece many many times, myself & En-Jia wondered down to the Textiles room.

Don't you just love these fabrics...


Clothes, bags & sketchbooks were all on display and there were lots of pretty sketches involved.



Below are some design ideas created by my creative fashion guru of a friend - Louise!


After having been to the rest of the exhibition, I had to come back to the art room for one of my favourites, these children's dresses were created for an A2 Art exam with the title 'Submerged'. The installation included a few other bits and pieces but the dresses were my favourite part.




There was so much more to the exhibition (even some street art) but this is a little insight of how inspiring the evening was. I think it was better than your average exhibition as you could look through the sketchbooks & see all the ideas working towards the final pieces.

Bring on next year's!

16 comments:

  1. WOO, the exhibition was amazing! (ESPECIALLY YOURS JOANNA!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming!!! It was gooooodxx

      Delete
  2. Your sketchbook looks reaaaally pretty - and I'm in love with the clothing designs!! x Wieteke
    Meant To Attend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love looking at them too, every detail is so prettyxx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh Paprika you are seriously making me miss doing Textiles at school! There was a Speech Day every year to showcase all aspects of the art work and it always blew my mind!
    I love the hands tied with bright fabrics... Fabulous!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sorry Emily! I don't blame you it looks so pretty, and that piece is incredible I agreexx

      Delete
  4. ahhhh i love school exhibitions- the work looks amazing, especially the dresses! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks amazing, im an art student too and i love looking through sketchbooks even more than looking at final pieces
    xx www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Leah! Especially the really artsy booksxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aha yes, I love the variety there wasxx

      Delete
  7. My exhibition is now on as well, exciting isn't it! Looks amazing, your sketches are awesome.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd love to see yours Teffy! Thank you so muchxx

      Delete
  8. Wow, girl, you are crazy talented! Just discovered your blog and think it is so adorable, as are you!

    ReplyDelete