Saturday 24 August 2013

Flower Pressing

Villard de Lans is one of the most beautiful places when it comes to flowers. They're everywhere, fields full of different flowers are scattered everywhere for tourists & locals to swoon over.

So I decided to steal some... well pick some.


I'm not totally sure on how you're supposed to press flowers, but this method seemed to work. Once home, I laid them out on a piece of paper on my windowsill & let them dry for a little while before piling a load of books on them... how delicate.


After about three days , I checked back on them and they were beautifully flattened.


All that came after that was arranging & sellotaping them in place. I love how they can make an otherwise plain page look beautiful.

Also that text on the paper I used, is an extract of a book that a good friend of mine has written. She is 17 years old & very talented. One day this book will be published, watch this space!


Listening toooo: 'Treading Water' & 'Humming Bird' by Alex Clare 

(I'm still at Reading festival as this post is published, so if you don't hear of me again...I've been eaten by a pack of wolves whilst camping, not to panic anyone or anything........) If not, then hopefully I've been to see Alex Clare, woooooo - hence the little obsession.



21 comments:

  1. Oh that works well, I've never tried pressing flowers before! Hope you're having a blast at Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time in aaaages, its so easy, worth having a go :P And it was perfect thank you Jane!xx

      Delete
  2. Flower pressing is just lovely. Years ago I pressed roses from my great aunt and uncles golden wedding anniversary. My uncle has now passed but when I found the rose and gave it to my aunt, she said it was the most precious thing she had ever been given.
    Such a simple thing can mean so much to someone!
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a thoughtful gift, sounds perfectxx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love flower pressing!
    My cousin pressed her wedding bouquet, and it looks stunning!
    Such a clever idea!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just, I'd never thought of it before, but one day I'd love to do that too myself aha, such a good way of remembering the day in a beautiful wayxx

      Delete
  4. Damn auto correct on the ipad,
    I said beautiful flower pressing and I hope you enjoyed the festival!

    http:// www.thebakehouseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I loved the festival, can't wait for another nowxx

      Delete
  5. How beautiful!! I never thought to press my own flowers! Would be lovely to frame them and display them around the house =)

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea, especially when they all come with memories from different travels or eventsxx

      Delete
  6. Oh pressed flowers! I use to collect a lot of that when I was younger, these days I just enjoy bouquet's and then having them dry out naturally to hang :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must look lovely too, might have a go myselfxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I love to put pressed flowers in my journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they look so beautiful & intricatexx

      Delete
  8. I love the art of flower pressing - they're so pretty to look at

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. super pretty! thanks for your lovely comments on my illustrations too! these tracks are really great <3 lovely blog! x x

    thesecret-teaparty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so gorgeous! I must try this at some point. Gorgeous blog and post, I've followed you.
    Lots of love,
    Georgia: For the Love of Thrift / UK Blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute idea, i definitely need more flower pressing in my life after seeing this!

    What do you do with them once they are pressed?

    Lucy xo | We Resolve Blog

    ReplyDelete