Monday 12 August 2013

I Would Walk 500 Miles (kidding, when's my flight?)

I'm back from a 2 week holiday in a petit trou perdu guys (a teeny tiny town in the French Alps). The town's claim to fame: 1968 winter olympics. WOOO, I'm starstruck as you can tell.

These two weeks an opportunity for eating (loads), drawing, painting, horse-riding, tennis-playing, swimming, spa-ing (this is a new thing for me), exploring & best of all, meeting up with some of our French side of the family. Here's a little summary...

First of all, say hello to my new obsession with pretty shadows.



When we're in France, we always seem to eat double, snacks are like meals & meals are like feasts. I kid you not. I always have to stock up on my favourite yoghurt which isn't sold in England (here's a photo) & the best juice ever Danao, not to mention French bread - of course.

All three of these essentials were present at our little picnic.



Whilst we were there, the weather was glorious which meant Emilie & myself could go for walks with our sketchbooks. On the way we came across this lovely bunch of cows.

On one of the evenings, E, myself & our French cousins went to the town centre for a concert outside, it was blues music, but they mixed in some well known songs too. There were loads of people watching, all the restaurants around the stage were jam-packed and the roads were filled with people watching (and dancing).


More about France coming, but for now, here's what I'm listening tooooo: 'Happy' by C2C - my cousins helped me discover this song, and maaaan it is good! Blast it out & dance!


14 comments:

  1. I too love little French towns. I find they're infinitely magical (and cheaper than bigger towns = more food! yay!) I visited friends in Rennes earlier this year and they took us to see loads of little towns around the area too. The pictures I got were picturesque and quirky ---> here's my blog post on little French towns

    Can't wait to read yours

    Caterina x
    Journographie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have to agree, they're so pretty, I did a few sketches and they're so nice to do! Love the look of your french experience too!xx

      Delete
  2. I went on holiday to a pretty little French town when I was 12 and I fell in love with it! It was so cute with unusual houses and beautiful views. It sounds like you had a really nice time :)
    x Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice thank you Hayley! Sounds like the place you visited was gorgeousxx

      Delete
  3. I would love to visit a little French town in France one day. Your point about eating while traveling is spot on: snacks are indeed like meals and meals are like feasts!
    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one & hopefully you will one day xx

      Delete
  4. Little French towns look so quaint and beautiful, I would love to visit one in the future. Being bilingual would be so helpful! Lovely photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, it's nice to see both sides of France (although a little moutain town might be even prettier in winter with snow). Thanks Thaliaxx

      Delete
  5. This seems like such a lovely place, it's the little towns that are always so nice to visit. I'd love to go back to France and discover something new. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I'm doing the same in my petit trou perdu mais au Quebec!!

    The Gift of Gaby

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'd love to go to Quebec, it would be perfect!! Lucky youxx

      Delete
  7. I had the chocolate yoghurt and peach drink thing on holiday. You taught me well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so proud :') They're delicious!xx

      Delete