Sunday 8 September 2013

READING PART THREE

On day three of the festival, the morning was a face-painting fandango. By this time the smell of the campsite toilets was creeping to our camp, so to stay & paint was a true sign of dedication. After all, when else is it socially acceptable to do this?

Below: Paul, myself, Loz, Luke & Abby



The rest of our morning was spent at the main stage of the arena, where Luke make a heroic transformation, and I spotted some pretty cool boots.


Later on, Abby, Luke & Paul bought drinks from the slush hut & they came in these oddly shaped 'bottles'. I had a little taste & blue was the best flavour, although I have no idea what flavour that actually was...

Below: Myself & Luke


Music-wise, Sunday was one of the days I was most excited about, so as we were waiting for a good spot to see Alex Clare & Haim, Sophia & Viki introduced me to the very dusty dance stage. It was so much fun. If you forget the fact that you can't breathe from all the dust in the air, it's an awesome place to just go crazy dancing seeing as everyone else is too.

Then for Alex Clare & Haim. Okay so the crowds were apparently not as into these people as I was, but nevertheless I loved them. Especially Alex Clare... and Haim, aaah I loved them both! No but really I think Alex Clare was one of the best when it comes to music.


Followed by Disclosure! We weren't even standing in the tent, but the atmosphere at the screen was perfect. Everyone was dancing/moving to a sort of rhythm/climbing up the tent/ doing gymnastics, and it was an incredible atmosphere.

In the evening, nearly everyone went to see the headliner, Biffy Clyro, but Paul & myself set off to see Spector (highly recommended by my sister), via the food stalls for my last trip to the veggie van! I bought an irresistible Burrito, mmmmm.


SPECTOR WERE AWESOME.
Literally my favourite of the whole weekend. They worked the crowd really well, everyone was up & dancing and the music was soooo good.



We even managed to catch the end of Biffy Clyro's set from afar before heading back to camp for our last evening with the group.


On the Monday, we all packed up & witnessed our neighbour's burning their tent (true Reading experience eh?) before leaving for home, with beds & flushing toilets, bliss.

Not being one for band tee's, this was my little memento for the festival.
I definitely want to go to another festival next year.
READING WAS AWESOME.


Listening toooo: 'F For You' by Disclosure, 'Better Off' by Haim, 'Hands Are Clever' and 'Up All Night' by Alex clare & 'Friday Night, Don't Ever Let It End' by Spector


21 comments:

  1. coool!

    http://same-but-diffrent.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you have the album, Disclosure + Art lessons is loovelyxx

      Delete
  3. lovely post, i went to Reading this year and had an amazing time but i really wish that i had taken more photo :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with photos I keep forgetting loads of those crazy stories which take place haha! But it is nice to have the memoriesxx

      Delete
  4. Your Reading posts have made me SO jealous, looks like you had such a great time! I've never managed to do a festival yet - one day!

    Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun. And love Haim!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I love their story, and music, and style, and humour, and hair.. argh everything!xx

      Delete
  6. Hello dear,
    would you like to support each other's blogs via facebook and bloglovin? Or maybe you would like me to write a guest post at your blog? It is really sweet, congrats!

    Best wishes,
    Gabriella
    http://gabriellawolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, I wanna go to Reading someday, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun, the more people you bring with you & meet when you're there the better it is!xx

      Delete
  8. baaaah! this is soooo cool! i want to go to that soooo bad! also, you are so cute, your style is adorable, even when you've been living toilette-less. how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are too kind! Dry shampoo was soo useful hahaxx

      Delete
  9. I love face paint during festivals!! So true, it never seems to be socially acceptable to have it done during the normal week..

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame, it should happen more hahaxx

      Delete
  10. Hey Joanna, was going to send this to you via twitter but I couldn't find any contact details on your blog!
    Anyway, I saw this on bloglovin' and thought of you:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/10-things-to-do-with-zucchini-that-arent-zucchini-bread-recipes-from-the-kitchn-194459?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Category%2FChannel%3A+Main

    Lottie xx
    beautyandacookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I don't have twitter yet, that'll be why, but thank you for all the recipies!!xx

      Delete
  11. ahhhhh leeds memories! feels like ages ago now- i wish we had the slush hut at leeds! and haim and alex clare were seriously the highlight of the festival for me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them, Alex Clare's voice was just like heaven! It does feel like a while ago now, it's so hard to remember all those little stories of things that went on!xx

      Delete