Tuesday 1 October 2013

FOOD - Borough Market

 One of the beauties of picking your subject for A level art, is that you can pick something you love. My subject is about cultures & food, which meant an educational food-filled day trip to see Borough Market in London. Of course.





The place was buzzing with people, delicious scents and beautiful displays. I managed to go around as many stalls that gave out tasters as possible, sadly they were mainly cheese though, shame I'm not a cheese lover...

On the edge of the market, I came across a Meat shop with my family name on it... awkward because we're vegetarians haha.





I must say, the stall with many paella pans was the most impressive - the colours and sheer size of it were just overwhelming! (Plus they gave out loads of free tasters)

The fish was my favourite to look at though. Since I've started painting fish more and more, I've noticed all the different colours in fish - the shades of gold and pink are glorious.




The autumnal vegetables also caught my eye, pumpkins with their warm tones were beautiful.





I hope you like food, I've another post of this coming up, I'm excited. I'm also about to watch the Great British Bake Off. Even more excited. I think I can see a theme to all this...

Listening tooooo: 'Almost Lover' by A Fine Frenzy & 'Nice Fox' by The Rosebuds

11 comments:

  1. This is my all time FAVOURITE market. I could spend hours wondering around it - there's so many unusual ingredients there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I love veggies and stew! They look yummy!

    Check out my blog, http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. all those veg look delicious! i love the colours of food in autumn/winter, they look so ..inviting :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That market looks AMAZING! Loving the photos! Oh I love the Great British Bake off too, I look forward to it every week (is that sad?!).

    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Borough Market! And GBBO is definitely the highlight of my week haha

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Borough Market. It is impossible to go there and not be amazed by all the smells, colours, and tastes. I can see the inspiration it gives you =)

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy!! how lovely :)
    http://www.wastedyouthwithyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore local markets, this looks delicious! Love the food photography too Paprika :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool blog and beautiful pictures! I greet:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute little market! Everything looks really yummy! Lovely pictures :)
    Trae xox

    ReplyDelete