Wednesday 19 March 2014

Four. Ending up in the cockpit.

My final ski post.

The Family. Throughout the week we got to know everyone in our chalet. In the day we would ski together & in the evening we would play games or watch films after dinner. By the end of the week they were literally like another family to me. Especially our Scottish friends, Louise's family and Australian Archie. I miss them!



Above: Emily, Louis, David, Me, Louise & Australian Archie.

The Singing. Over the week, Emily & I discovered our shared love for singing. We would sing on the slopes, in the coach, chalet, chair lifts, everywhere! Chair lifts were our favourite. One time we were singing our favourite (Is this the way to Amarillo dun dun every night I've been hugging my pillow dun dun..) on the chairlift and two French ladies on the lift with us enjoyed it so much they decided to teach us a song of their own. For the rest of that journey, the four of us sang together loudly whilst beating the rhythm with our ski poles. Pretty darn awesome.



The Journey. After a sad goodbye (singing 'So Long, Farewell' as you do...) it was time for Louise's family and myself to make our own way home. Running on a couple of hours sleep, we put our heads to rest on the airport benches and did a little shopping before climbing aboard. During our flight a wonderful sunset was taking place on the other side of the aircraft, so I asked the air hostess if she could take a photo of it for me. Turned out there was a little misunderstanding and instead of having a photo of the sunset, I ended up in the cockpit. I'm not complaining. It was a really lovely end to one of my favourite holidays.

The End. (for now...)

~ ~ ~

'Amarillo' by Tony Christie | 'The Bonnie Banks O' Loch Lomond' by the Corries | 'So Long, Farewell' & 'Do Re Mi Fa'


16 comments:

  1. LOL that's awesome you ended up in the cockpit! That first picture is beautiful. Sounds like you had such a good time on the ski trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jane! I'm missing it so much right now but the memories are awesomexx

      Delete
  2. The first photo is unbelievable. Stunning.
    Sounds like you had a whale of a time, you really cant beat an alpine mini break!
    Seriously love how you ended up in the cockpit!?! You lucky thing!
    (You've got me so excited. T minus 7 days until I leave for Val Thorens! Ahhh!)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your ski trip went brilliantly!! I really want to go back and your posts are making me want to go again even more hahaxx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, what great pictures and it sounds like you had such a brilliant time! Awesome that you ended up in the cockpit...that's really cool. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was a welcome misunderstandingxx

      Delete
  4. I love all of these photos, so beautiful! Looks an amazing holiday xx

    http://www.fashionyourseatbelts.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Toni, I really like the disposable camera effect, I don't want to go back to digital nowxx

      Delete
  5. The pics are looking fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment on my blog! these photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all your photos, whaaaat cockpit! casual! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was pretty awesome, thanks Ellie!xx

      Delete