Monday 10 March 2014

One. That time I jumped off a chair lift.

My first ski trip in disposable camera photos.

The Flight. With a 2am start to the day, the flight was a struggle, even more so when most other flights in England were cancelled or delayed due to dangerous winds APART FROM OURS. But I'm happy it wasn't, because it meant we arrived in Switzerland quicker! For the holiday, I joined Louise (remember her from Paris?) and her family. I like to say we're family, because my dad is her cousin's Godfather, you see the link?




The Chalet. When we arrived at the Chalet it was perfect. The view was like a Christmas card, but in reality. Amazing. We soon met and got to know the different families over freshly baked cake and a game of uno/cheat/sevens(?) and became particularly friendly with a Scottish family (George, Emma, Emily & Louis) and Australian Archie (you'll see them crop up later on).





The Skiing. My first day of skiing was so much fun. After a short introduction to all the basics in my morning lesson, I joined Louise, her family and our Scottish friends for an afternoon exploring the resort. In that time, I did some red runs (kind of proud I did this on the first day), got to know some of the best hot chocolate spots (that's me with the mug in the photo) and found a reggae bar on the slopes (hence the crazy 'dancing' Louise is doing above).

Louise's family & our Scottish friends at the top of a mountain.



The Chair Lift. So, I jumped off a chair lift... It was my first day so I still wasn't sure how they worked and thought that as soon as it slowed a little you were meant to get off, whether that meant jumping or otherwise... Turns out I was wrong haha. Emily and Louise found it hilarious.

~ ~ ~

'Tout Le Monde Ment' by Massilia Sount System | 'Cups' by Anna Kendrick | 'Touch The Sky' by Julie Fowlis

15 comments:

  1. I love that you jumped off the chair lift! Classic. Lovely photos btw - you're so brilliantly arty with everything you do!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Katie, that's the ultimate compliment!xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh this place looks beautiful, great pictures! I've never been skiing before, I'm afraid of injuring myself, but running around a chalet sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was really fun (we even played hide and seek in the chalet!!)xx

      Delete
  3. Pfft, chairlift jumpers ain't got nothing on you Joanna! I would never have the guts to do that myself - it's terribly scary conquering heights. Skiing indeed looks like a surreal experience. The winter wonderland is enviable too!

    LUCID STARS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh this made me laugh! And yes it was so surreal to see it in front of me, something I am so glad to have experienced!xx

      Delete
  4. Haha when I read this title, I thought you were joking. AMAZING!
    Glad you really loved skiing and the idea of using a disposable camera just looks amazing and oh so vintage in the photos!
    17 days and counting until I go!!!
    EXCITING!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah I wish I could go again you will have an awesome time I am very very jealous!! I totally recommend taking a disposable too, I love how they turned out. Thank you Emily!!xx

      Delete
  5. The photos are amazing! Such awesome scenery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool photos!! This looks so amazing!

    Lol about jumping off the lift... but i've never been on one either, and probably would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought it was completely normal until I got a very shocked expression and stunned silence from everyone around, I think they were just really shocked I managed to get away with no injuries really!Hahaxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos. I've never been on a chair lift either, but now I know not to jump ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow !! The view of the chalet was really like a Christmas card. Beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete